Mask & Visitor Policies at NMC Health
At NMC Health, protecting you against COVID-19 is a top priority. To provide a safe, healing healthcare environment for all, NMC Health has implemented measures to lower the chance of exposure to any illness including coronavirus.
Medical Center and Hospital Services
Due to current COVID-19 rates masks are optional inside NMC Health Medical Center and other on-campus NMC Health facilities.
Patients who are COVID positive or have COVID symptoms should call prior to entry. All patients will be asked screening questions when they enter our facilities. If you answer yes to any of our screening questions, you will be asked to wear a mask during your visit and/or your appointment will be rescheduled.
Who can visit
NMC Health Medical Center has returned to normal hospital visitation practice. Visitors with recent COVID-19 symptoms, and/or recent exposure to COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit. This applies to both inpatient and outpatient hospital stays.
If a patient is COVID-19 positive, NMC Health’s House Supervisor and/or Infection Control Officer MUST be consulted to determine if adequate safety precautions can be made to ensure the safety of visitors.
Virtual visits are encouraged for patients with COVID-19, such as phone and video calls (Skype, Facetime, etc.). Patients may request a tablet to use from their nurse or case manager. If your loved one has an outward-facing room, you can visit them through the window. Their room numbers are on display on each window.
NMC Health reserves the right to change any part of this policy without notice.
When you can visit
Patients, visitors and support persons may only enter the through the Emergency or Front entrances during these specific times:
- Front Entrance: Weekdays, 6 am – 6 pm
- Emergency Entrance: Always open
If you have a pastor, preacher, or other religious leader who you wish to visit with, please talk with your nurse or case supervisor.
Billing & Records
NMC Health’s Patient Financial Services (Billing department) and Health Information Management (Medical Records) offices are closed to visitors and patients without an appointment. If you need to contact either office, you may reach them here:
- Questions about your account? Call us: 316.804.6255
- Need to make a payment? Pay online or call us: 316.804.6255, option 1
- Want to set up a payment plan? Call The Midland Group at 316.201.9254
- Healthcare Assistance applications are available through our Financial Assistance options. Submit your application:
- Fax: 316.804.6280
- Email: email@example.com
P.O. Box 308
Newton, KS 67114
- Need paper copies of your health records right now? Call us. 316.804.6204. We’ll schedule an appointment for a time when you can visit the office to pick up your records.
COVID-19 Protocols at NMC Health
NMC Health has measures in place to protect and defend the Newton, Hesston, Valley Center, Park City, Wichita and other communities from the spread of COVID-19.
NMC Health leaders continually assess current local spread rates and put in place changes to ensure the safety of our staff, patients, visitors and community.
As we follow CDC protocols, if you come to an NMC Health clinic, you may be asked to answer some screening questions. These questions are used to help us figure out how to best help you. Our response process includes:
- Questions about current health, positive COVID-19 tests and any possible exposure to COVID-19
- Observe – watching for new symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath
- Isolate – placing a face mask on anyone who shows signs of those symptoms and meets screening criteria, then moving them to a negative airflow room to be observed
- Precaution – using airborne and standard contact precautions with eye protection, gloves, face mask and gown for anyone who enters the room
- Protect – wearing all personal protective equipment (gloves, face mask, etc.) while working with anyone who may have COVID-19