NMC Health is excited to welcome Matt Aitchison, PA to our Family Medicine clinic in Park City. With the addition of Matt to our provider staff under Dr. Darla Rivera, DO, NMC Health Family Medicine – Park City is able to expand the care we provide to Park City and the surrounding communities.
Before joining NMC Health, Matt served the El Dorado community as a PA since 2015. While in El Dorado, he cared for patients in family medicine, urgent care, and research settings. He’s also an adjunct professor and clinical preceptor at Wichita State University where he educates and lectures on Type 2 Diabetes and helps PA students with current, research-based medical practices.
Matt’s priority with each patient is to ensure concerns are heard and addressed. “I wish patients knew that they’re entitled and encouraged to ask as many questions as they wish to feel comfortable with their health,” he stated.
We asked Matt 10 questions to help you get to know him:
1. Why are you excited to join NMC Health?
I’m excited for a better work-life balance and an opportunity to grow my practice as I care for the people of Park City and other nearby patients.
2. Why did you choose to have a career in healthcare?
I enjoy being able to care and serve others in their greatest time of need.
3. What is your specialty and why did you choose it?
Family medicine. I love building relationships and growing along with my patients. I get to consider them family.
4. What inspires you to do what you do every day?
Knowing that I get to make a difference in someone’s life.
5. What is your favorite thing about working with patients?
Being able to build strong patient-provider relationships which builds trust.
6. What is your top priority when providing healthcare?
Ensuring patients concerns are heard and addressed.
7. What are your favorite things to do outside of the office?
I enjoy camping, fishing, and fire fighting.
8. If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering a career in healthcare, what would it be?
Understand that those in healthcare treat people, who just happen to have an ailment.
9. What is the best advice you have received?
As long as you treat the patient as a person, no matter what disease or disorder they might have, you will always win.
10. What's one thing you wish every patient knew?
I wish patients knew that they’re entitled and encouraged to as much knowledge and as many questions as they wish to feel comfortable with their health.
We are excited to Welcome Matt to our care team at NMC Health Family Medicine in Park City! Get the care you deserve by clicking the button below.